With the schedules now out, a new raft of programming has appeared in the schedules leading up to the Malaysian Grand Prix. At the moment, here are the new things that are listed:
– Ted’s Notebook listed as a standalone 15-minute programme for Australia. First airing is on Saturday 17th March at 17:45 for the Qualifying Notebook and at 12:30 on the Sunday for the Race Notebook.
– Inside Track: The Full Interview is a 15-minute programme with an interview with someone from the race weekend. First airing is on Monday 18th March at 18:45.
– The Malaysian Grand Prix Classic F1 races are 1999, 2001, 2002, 2003 and 2007. These will air from Tuesday 19th March through to Thursday 21st March. As with the Australian Grand Prix Classic races, these will be repeated throughout the week and into the weekend.
– Martin’s Grid Walk and Natalie’s Track Parade. This is a bit odd, because there are two separate titles, but it is listed under one 15-minute programme. Either way, the second description indicates that Sky will be covering the Drivers’ Parade more in their pre-race build-ups.
– Gear Up for Malaysia. The programme title sounds generic in that it will be on for every race, but it first premières on Thursday 21st March at 13:30. This looks like all the Thursday interviews being combined into one programme.
And in terms of existing programming:
– Fast Track remains, but Weekend in Stills and Weekend in Words appear to have been dropped.
– The programme lengths for Practice, Qualifying and the Race are the same as last year
– Sky Sports will be covering every session of GP2 exclusively live again in 2013, as first revealed last December.
I won’t do this every week as the programming slate should remain the same, but this is the state of play at the moment. As always, things could change, programmes could disappear and re-appear. I’ll update the blog if that happens.
Update on March 8th – Weekend in Stills has now been added to the schedule, airing on Wednesday’s at 19:00. Gear Up for Malaysia is indeed a programme that will be on air every Thursday before each weekend as Gear Up for Australia has now been added – although both times are different to the 13:30 time I published above.
Update on March 15th – For some reason it appears Sky are not showing the 2001 Malaysian Grand Prix. The timings have changed, so 1999 and 2002 are on the Tuesday, 2003 and 2007 are on the Wednesday, with 2010 now on the Thursday evening.