With a former World Champion one is on the move, today seems like an apt day for talking about future British World Champions. With that in mind, and as first noted on The F1 Broadcasting Blog this past Monday, I can now confirm scheduling details for “Britain’s Next F1 Star”. The programmes, to be broadcast on Sky Sports F1, will profile six up and coming stars as they attempt to climb the ladder to Formula 1.
Each of the six episodes will air on the Thursday before a Formula 1 race weekend, and as thus, the scheduling is expected to go as follows:
– Episode 1: Thursday 4th October, 19:30 – Seb Morris
– Episode 2: Thursday 11th October, 19:30 – Jordan King
– Episode 3: Thursday 25th October, 19:30 – Joshua Hill
– Episode 4: Thursday 1st November, 19:30 – Alice Powell
– Episode 5: Thursday 15th November, 19:30 – Dean Smith
– Episode 6: Thursday 22nd November, 19:30 – Alex Brundle
The programmes have been produced by USP Content, and will be sponsored by Scalextric, with Henry Hope-Frost narrating. Repeats of the programme will air throughout the respective race weekend, so there will be ample opportunity to catch the episodes. Each episode profiles that particular driver from birth to current status, while going behind the scenes with them at various events.
A full synopsis of each episode will be up on the blog early next week.